Our annual flu clinic was held in Almondsbury Village Hall on Saturday 30 September 2017 and was an enjoyable social event. It was lovely to see so many of you at the clinic – 464 of you to be exact! Our thanks to the PPG for doing the refreshments for us and signposting patients to the different services on offer.
We now have appointments available for eligible patients aged 6 months and over. Please phone or ask at reception to book in.
• all those aged two and three, years (but not four years or older) on 31 August 2016
through general practice (children of school years 1,2 and 3 and those aged 4 years will be vaccinated at school)
• people aged from 6 months to under 65 years of age with a serious medical condition such as:
• chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis
• chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
• chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or five
• chronic liver disease
• chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson’s, Motor Neurone disease, or learning disability
• splenic dysfunction
• a weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer)
• morbidly obese i.e. those with a Body Mass Index calculation of 40 and above
• all pregnant women (including those women who become pregnant during the flu season)
• people living in residential care homes or other long-stay care
• people aged 65 years or over (including those becoming age 65 years by 31 March 2018)
• people who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an older or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.