This page has been created to bring together helpful guidance and information you may need during the current Covid-19 outbreak.
14/01/2021 - Covid-19 vaccination: please wait your turn to be called
While a vaccination programme of this scale will take some time, we can assure you that everyone who needs the vaccine will be offered it. We ask that you don’t contact your practice directly – we will contact you when it is your turn to be vaccinated.
Staff are working tirelessly to ensure the necessary measures are in place for those most at risk to get their vaccine first. To do this, we are following a nationally set prioritisation order, from which we are unable to deviate.
The priority list from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation is as follows:
- residents in a care home for older adults and their carers*
- all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- all those 75 years of age and over
- all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
- all those 65 years of age and over
- all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
- all those 60 years of age and over
- all those 55 years of age and over
- all those 50 years of age and oveR
*Please note that 'carers' in this context refers to care home staff. If you are a personal or family carer you will be vaccinated within your age-related or clinically vulnerable group if that applies to you.
It is estimated that taken together, these groups represent around 99% of preventable mortality from COVID-19. You can find out more about the local roll-out in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire here: COVID-19: Mass vaccination - Healthier Together (bnssghealthiertogether.org.uk)
07/01/21 - Advice for those waiting for a planned operation of procedure
The Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group has published an information page for people awaiting a routine planned operation or procedure.
The page summarises the current position regarding the impact of COVID-19 on planned operations and procedures in this area and includes links to useful information on ‘active waiting’ and staying well while awaiting a planned procedure. Advice on mental health and pain management and further sources of guidance is also provided.
16/11/20 - Healthier Together open letter to patients
Please find attached the latest open letter to patients from Healthier Together regarding the high pressure that the local healthcare system is under and guidance on how to stay safe throughout the pandemic.